Heartfelt messages of gratitude and encouragement are pouring in after Bank of America generously donated $500,000 to support Advocate Aurora Health’s COVID-19 Relief Fund for Critical Care earlier this year.
After its generous donation, Bank of America wanted to further express gratitude for Advocate Aurora Health team members who’ve been on the frontlines of the pandemic for the past few months. So, its leaders invited employees and their families to share their personal messages of thanks and support.
- “Thank you so much for all that you are doing. We are so thankful that there are brave, selfless people like yourselves to do the jobs you do. We can’t thank you enough for your courage and perseverance!!! Thank you!!!!” – Robert and Lucy
- “Thank you for all of the hard work you put in each and every day on the frontlines keeping our most precious children healthy. There are no words to express our appreciation!” – Jessica
For some Bank of America employees, the connection to their community hospital is deeply personal.
- “Thank you for all for your hard work you do every day to keep people well. I delivered both my children at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. This has a special place in my heart. They took good care of us over 30 years ago. May the patients today receive the same great health care that I received! Best regards to all!” – Wendy
- “Thank you for doing one of the hardest and truly most rewarding jobs on this planet! I’m personally going through some medical issues myself, and I cannot express my thanks enough! Thank you always.” – Vanesa Mitrevski
- “In 2008, my daughter had severe cramping and swelling caused by what was later diagnosed as a cyst within her liver. For several days, Diana was in Sherman taking all sorts of tests, and our nerves were rattled. Your staff handled this like it was the only case going, something it certainly was not! Much like the challenges now of COVID-19, your professionals treat everyone with compassion and caring, and during this time, though our family has been spared any COVID connections, we simply wanted you to know how thankful we are for all you do, regardless of the challenges all around you! THANK YOU.” – The Dudek Family
The COVID-19 Relief Fund for Critical Care provides equipment and materials that are vital for the safety of our frontline caregivers and COVID-19 patients. It also allows patients to talk with loved ones during times of intensive care treatments and provides counseling and group support to team members and patients. Finally, while the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all communities, reports show communities of color have seen disproportionately high rates of devastating impacts. This funding will also help us provide for the diverse populations we serve throughout the Chicagoland area.
We are so grateful for Bank of America’s support and their kind, compassionate messages of gratitude. We’re all #InThisTogether!
How you can help
You can support our frontline team members, our patients and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic. To get started, visit our COVID-19 online resource center.